Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Have No Fear Super Mom Is Here!!!!!!!!!

     To all of my regular readers, I am going to go a little off subject here, (normally I write about sex and relationships)this time its more about relationships.  How many of you women out there are married?  How many are married with children?  How many of you married with children don't get a day off even if you are so sick that you can't move?  I'm willing to bet the answer to the last question is going to be all of you.  If this article offends any of the hardworking men in our lives, I don't mean to, I have just come to realize that a lot is expected out of women especially when we have kids.
     The whole idea of this started when my co-worker and I were sitting at work one day when we both got called in early because everyone else was sick. (The person I am referring to was actually really sick and none of this applies to that individual we just came up with these ideas because of the situation.)  Now, I know that calling in or going home and calling someone in to cover you when you are sick is proper work etiquette, I don't deny that that is the right thing to do so that everyone else and their family doesn't get sick from one person.  What I have noticed it that most of the time its the men calling in when they have a sore throat or a cold, but when women are sick we only call in to work when we are almost literally on our death beds.  A sniffle to us is like a butterfly disturbing an elephant, only mildly annoying.  A sniffle to a man usually signals the end of the world.  A full blown cold is like Armageddon.   We sat and thought at work that day why that is and have come to realize that women have to be tough.  We were created to have the ability to go through nine (or ten) months carrying a human in our bodies and then giving that human life in the birthing process.  We were imbued with the curse of having a monthly menstrual cycle to where on average we bleed for five days and just have to put up with it. Let's not forget the mind numbing cramps that go along with the ever constant discomfort of having a period.  We clean, take care of the children, work, and try to maintain a happy healthy household.  We don't do it because we have to we do it because we want to.  Men could never deal with half of the things that women go through.  Our monthly cycle alone would put a man in a crumpled lump on the floor whining and that would only be the first day.  Women, we pop a midol or other over the counter medication to help ease the pain and discomfort and go on about our day with minimal amount of complaining.  We were built to be tough and withstand most anything.  We don't let much get in our way.  Even on our day off, we don't get the day off.  I don't know about you but my days off of work consist of cleaning, organizing and taking care of my almost two year old little guy.  Its not because I have to do it but because I want to.  My husband helps and is more than happy to help, but as I am sure most of you know we all have our ways of cleaning and doing things and sometimes those boys of ours just don't do it the way we want it done.  Its the same with taking care of the little ones.  Our husbands/boyfriends help with the rearing of the children but as every woman knows until our kids reach the age of 3 or 4 the only person they want to be with is mommy.  So on top of housework we also have a tiny human hanging on our every action.
     I don't want this to sound like I am doing any kind of man bashing because I'm not.  I love my husband and in the 8 years we have been together he has made me a stronger and wiser person.  He understands me and everything about me, but he also says repeatedly that women are crazy.  I tell him that if men had to deal with all the responsibilities of a woman that they would probably be crazy too and with a moment of thought he usually nods his head in agreement.  So I am going to end this shorter entry with this:  Boys, next time you think that your wife/girlfriend is going bat shit crazy over nothing, think about what she has to go through every day.  Be thankful that the woman in your life is there to help you, be there for you, and love her the way she deserves to be loved.  Until next time..........

No comments:

Post a Comment