Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Big Move

     Yay!!  I'm back!!!  I realize that it's been a looooong time since I have posted anything, I moved and I live in an area that doesn't have Internet service available through any company.  Yes, there are still areas like that, no I can't believe it either.  So with my Internet blackout looking like it's going to be a permanent thing I have found other ways to get my fabulous posts to all of you.  I'm not going to reveal how because well we'll just say I got around it.
     So today the topic up for discussion is "The Big Move" aka. moving in with your significant other.  I have come to find out recently, that thee are still a LARGE group of people out there that go with tradition and not move in with their other half until they are married.  There is a really BIG part of me that finds this the dumbest thing in the world to do and if its done the relationship is already doomed.  I completely understand that for a lot of you its because of religion or law, that can't be helped, but if you are like me and are not restrained by any of that you have no excuse.
     The first boyfriend I ever lived with my mom got on me about living with him and not being married.  She told me it was a sin and I shouldn't do it.  My mom was raised Catholic and so was I but some time during the teen years we stopped going to church and doing "churchy" things.  I didn't stop believing in God but I didn't agree with all the rules, mainly this one.  Now let me remind you, this is all my personal opinion and I'm going to apologize now if anyone is offended, but I refuse to marry some one if I haven't lived with them for at least a year if not longer.  My reason why?  Because you never truly get to know someone until you lived with that person.  You get to see all of their nasty habits, like if they leave their clothes scattered everywhere or if they like to pick their nose and wipe it on the carpet.  You get to help do their laundry and see if they were taught properly how to wipe their ass.  Most importantly, if you get into an argument with that person you have no place else to go. ( except maybe the corner bar ) You live with that person, so you have no other place to run because it's your home too.  Now I know that you're thinking that you could just go back home to your parents or go to a friends house, wrong.  You might think that you can until the situation comes up and then a stubborn streak will hit you and the fight escalates to "Fuck you, I live here too, you leave."  This statement generally leads to some one going into the bedroom and grabbing blankets and a pillow to camp out on the couch.  Unfortunately for most of you guys, you are the ones doing the couch camping. Women are pros at keeping the bed in their possession with most of the bedding intact.  Living with a new person is hard.  You could know that person most of your life but until you have lived with them you know nothing about that person.
     My advice to all of you is COMPROMISE.  You have to, you have no other way around it.  If you want to make the relationship work and marry this person one day, you will have to make small sacrifices.  Girls, you will have to condense your wardrobe to make room for him in your closet. (Unless you have two and then no sharing is needed, unless you have stuff in the second one too.)  Boys, you will have to deal with girly soaps and shampoo and little candles and knick nacks everywhere.  We're girls that's what we do.  Try not to nag each other too much about the small stuff and equally as possible share the chores.  When it comes to the fighting, there's only one way to do it....NAKED.  Try to fight naked.  You can't do it I promise you.  I know, I've tried.  You get too distracted by the pure nakedness of the other person and it will lead to two things, 1) a momentary truce to where you both grudge fuck the fuck out of the other person and by the time you are done you're not angry anymore or 2) you make up say you're sorry and truly mean it and then have make-up sex.  ( There is a difference between the two, trust me.)  If you can 85% of the time you are living with your significant other and you don't want to kill them then you are doing good and on the fast track for being ready for the real scary commitment of MARRIAGE. ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!  If you are thinking that even though you have spent the year or more living with that person that marriage won't change things, you are sorely mistaken. But that is a blog for another time....
     So in closing, live together first if you can.  It's the best advice that I can give you.  It will make or break your relationship but you will know for real real if you and that person are meant to go for the long haul.   So my faithful readers, Until next time.............
   

No comments:

Post a Comment